Treasure Time Drama Programs®
This dramatic experience is about having an opportunity to put on a play and be part of a team.
After children read a picture book, they perform a short musical skit. They become involved in the process of creating scenery, props, and designing costumes. The culmination of this eight week session is a performance for family and friends, which is also an occasion for family engagement. These programs also serve for cable TV shows.
A Play in 90 minutes
After hearing the story, practice and put on a play with some of the costumes and props in Mrs. Treasure’s suitcase. Invite the audience in for the last half hour, and end with singing and dancing for everyone.
- The Tico Tango Show- The Parrot Tico Tango by Anna Witte
- Theodore – That’s What friends are For by Heide & Van Clief
- Gerald – Giraffes Can’t Dance by Andrede & Parker-Rees
- Summer Food Chain and Big Fish – Dory Story by Gerry Palotta
- Eskimo Version of Three Bears – Snow Bear
- Crazy, Mixed Up Farm – Four Legs Bad, Two Legs Good by DB Johnson
Plays can also be contracted for 8-10 hourly sessions. This dramatic experience is about having an opportunity to put on a play from beginning to end. The culmination is a scheduled final performance for family and friends, and sometimes a cable TV show. Practice sessions can be held weekly during a school term or daily during a vacation period.